Saturday, June 10, 2006

Unnamed Cultivar nr.1 (iii)


This is another leaf of my favourite unnamed cultivar. The leaf looks a lot like the ones in the first picture of June 3rd, 2006, but here there are lobes 'on the inside'. Because there is little room they push each other aside. This gives the leaf a 3-d appearance. Trailing shoots look very handsome while the leaves stay horizontal. I think the presence of the inner lateral lobes is, like the partial reversion (see the leaves in the picture of June 5th, 2006), evidence for the presence of 2 leaves (but I will still call it a leaf). At this point I don't know how that's possible.


Another observation I make is that these inner lobes look to be the basal lobes. The Lateral lobes of the leaf would therefore mimic terminal lobes and the actual terminal lobes lateral lobes... Another explanation could be that the sub-leaves have two terminal lobes like the leaf does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home